Aqualand Costa Adeje – A great Tenerife day out for all the family
May 22, 2009 Leave a comment
Aqualand situated on the Costa Adeje is a must visit water park for all the family and should not be missed if you want to give the kids a great day out. All you need to visit is your swimming gear a towel and some sun block.
Apart from regular swimming pools, there are numerous water based attractions including the following:
- The Tornado; an accelerating descent turn ride which finishes up in a sort of centrifuge
- The Boomerang; throw yourself down the boomerang and keep coming back!
- The Twister; the tubes rotate around themselves like sticks of candy.
- The Kamikaze; a long open high speed slide.
- The Super Slalom; five slides with plenty of bends as touchdown into the pool
- The Rapids; and open air ride with whirlpools and rapids.
- The Congo River; a leisurely open air ride on a raft.
- The Anaconda; a sharp fall through the tubes.
- The Crazy Race; a soft slide where you can move around.
Every day in the afternoon there is a Dolphin show with fifteen of these amazing fish showing off to the crowd. Amazingly, eleven of the Dolphins were born at Aqualand. This is the kind of place where the kids can let off steam whilst the parents relax if they want too. Everyone will enjoy the Dolphins, even the grand parents.
The support facilities are good with food refreshments and merchandise available. There are areas where you can catch a bit of shade which is often welcome.
See the Aqualand Promotional video.